It appears the eBay 10 day auction still lives on, at least for some categories like vehicles. It’s not too often you find a minty Westy like this for sale in this region of the US. The pictures show that the van has been well cared for how, however even with the amount of detail, the seller doesn’t disclose how many miles are on it. If you’re curious, the seller does provide the VIN, and the auto check report says there are 24 records, which could be a lot for a single owner van that’s lived in the same state it’s entire life. There is an unknown reserve price, and the auction ends on January 18th, ~3:45pm PST. While the listing states the seller is retired BMW/Bentley tech, at one point they describe the van as a full camper, when it is actually just a weekender. There’s a full album of photos on another hosting platform, however no pictures of the engine compartment or undercarriage. The seller is willing to arrange shipping too and estimates about $650 to get the van to So Cal.
Questions I would ask the seller if you are considering this van.
- Actual mileage, is it accurate?
- Pictures of undercarriage
- Pictures of engine compartment
Comparable 1990 Weekenders for sale?
- Here’s one with what appears to be 330,000 miles in good shape for sale in NorCal for $15k. 70k on the newer motor and looks nice.
- Here’s one in Ojai, California for $12,500. It has 190k on the odometer and a newer tent. However, this one has a pre purchase inspection report that states it needs ball joints, wheel bearings and some other spendy fixes.