1985 VW Vanagon Westfalia Weekender $4,500 in Creswell, Oregon
Here's a low priced in the Pacific Northwest that popped up on craigslist yesterday. This van is a 1985 VW Vanagon that the previous owner added a Westfalia pop top to. I guess it could be called a weekender, but I there are no pictures of the interior, so your guess is as good as mine. It's got 253k miles on the clock, a clean title and what sounds like the original engine, but has been rebuilt at some point with AMC heads. However, the seller did go to great lengths in providing a long list of fixes, upgrades, conditions, etc. Here's an abbreviated list of the noteables.
- 100 watt solar panel with controller and 3 house batteries
- < 7k miles on 15" tire wheel package from Van Cafe
- < 3k miles on new transmission from German Transaxle
- Lots of new rubber seals in various places
- Uninstalled set of front suspension bushings from Van Cafe
- New exhaust
- New master cylinder, brakes, wheel bearings
- New fuel lines and fuel pump
- JVC stereo with speakers and sub
- Rear Van Cafe bumper with receiver hitch
- 3 Thule bars & 6 towers (4 on pop top, 2 on front rain gutter). This setup is great for ensuring the pop top stays down when you have stuff on it, as you can tie say, a surfboard between the poptop and front to keep it all together.
So, this is definitely a project van, and the seller obviously felt that showing the innards wouldn't help with the sale, however at only $4,500 for a running pop top with all these ad ons, that's a decent deal for the part of the country. Find it for sale in Creswell, OR with a firm asking price of $4,500. Craigslist Link
A Note For Potential Buyers: This is a $4,500 Westy where you can't really sleep upstairs. Ask for the VIN, do a title check. Check the undercarrige for structural rust. Know if the seller bought the front end bushing kit, it will need it, and that's maybe 4hrs of labor at a shop? If not more.
A Note For The Seller : Great price for a running van like this. Add some interior and undercarriage pics, provide the VIN and you'll likely get more interest. Good luck!