Updated 11/26 9pm PST. Well, looks like the seller didn't appreciate this post very much, and also ended the auction early. See the comments below.
Here's a peculiar find on the East Coast that's seen a lot of interest recently. This 1985 VW Vanagon Westfalia Camper could 'possibly' be a very low mileage well cared for specimen for a reasonable price, though unfortunately very few details are provided by the seller. It appears to come with the stock 1.9L engine and 4 speed manual transmission, with only 85k miles on the odometer. The seller has also used up their 7 free per year Auto Check reports on eBay, so while not a bad thing, just a heads up they might be a dealer. They did provide the VIN WV2ZB0259FH099729 so if this van tickled your fancy in any way, I'd be sure to purchase a Car Fax report to get the full scoop. It's up for auction on eBay and ens Sunday, November 29th at 4:08pm PST. There are currently 14 bids from five bidders, with the high bid sitting at $7,000, though the buy it now for only $10k is quite appealing.
- It appear to be be mostly original. All window seals, the beige paint, the stickers, upholstery, trim, curtains, tables etc.
- Three window tent canvas looks pretty new. One of the only noticeable non original modifications.
- The seller implies the kitchen appliances work, though it would be worth asking for a detailed breakdown (fridge, sink pump, water tank, etc).
Potential No So Awesome
- There's some seam rust under the kitchen, barely, but this often occurs from the inside, so there could be plenty more ready to be cut out and welded.
- There's no pictures of the undercarriage, and being a north east van, this is a critical pre visit inspection point. The propane tanks rust quickly, so let's hope they didn't move the propane set up inside for this reason.
- There's no proof the 85k miles on the odometer is accurate. A Car Fax report would possibly help shed some light on this.
- They've at least done the gas tank and likely all the seals and lines as well. Let's hope the gas tank was also not a victim of rust.
If this van is everything it is stated to be, it would sell for at least $13k on the West Coast, if not more. I'm very surprised it hasn't sold at the $10k buy it now price. So, what do you think it's worth? Have any insights on this Westy? Tell us in the comments below, or head on over to the individual discussions about this Westy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter… Read More About This Westy